About Me

People tell me that I am a little different, weird maybe, but whatever. Either way I love my life. I have an excellent family, amazing friends and have been given more privileges and opportunities than I deserve.

I believe that everything happens for a reason and there is a solution to every problem, whether you like it or not. I think that no matter where you are, what you do, or what you have, the who you are with matters most of all. I believe life is simple, hard, and amazing. Laughter is my primary form of exercise. I love anything competitive. I wake up and go to bed to SportsCenter. The thing I value the most is happiness and I couldn't care less about money. My life is great, my friends are better, and God is the best.

Right now I am 22 years old and I am almost done going to school at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where I am getting a Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering. I am taking fall quarter off and then heading back to graduate in the Fall(2011). To be honest I don’t know what happens after that. I will vacation in Europe and then have the rest of my life ahead of me :)

Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 53: Wake up in Nashville, go to bed in Dallas.

Current Location: Dallas, TX

So this morning I go up at the wee hours of 7am and left my newest favorite city to head out West. I drove southwest toward Memphis and then turned due south toward Leland, MS a small down off the 61 in Mississippi. I had never been to Mississippi before and it seemed pretty nice, in fact a lot of the scenery from the 61 reminded me of the 5 that goes through California's valley. Anyway that is not important what is important is how I believe that I love the SOUTH! I am not kidding, the way of life down here, the warmth, the food, the people, EVERYTHING is great. In Mississippi I stopped for gas and lunch at a small down called Clarksdale where I was directed via signage to a little ole' place called Abe's BBQ. The place was so cute, just a small little diner that must have had everyone in town eating there at the same time because I could barely find a parking spot. I went in and ordered a Pork sandwich and a root beer to go. The guy was great, "Ma'am" was coming out of his mouth every other word, he was even considered at whether or not I could or should have to open my root beer's twist top on my own or if I would like his assistance. The entire interaction was so friendly and awesome that I could not help but be impressed by the southern hospitality, and obviously the southern drawl haha. Anyway if I had ordered that in Cali I would have gotten everything in a bag with the only words being my total and "sign here". haha yeahh.....

Well after that it was through Arkansas, Louisiana and then on to Texas. I arrive at Amber Curry's 12 hours after my departure!!!! We already had plans so I got ready we had dinner and then it was off to Lady's Night at the Red River dancehall. This place was huge with a disco studded saddle, mechanical bull (which I rode), a huge circular dance floor, stage with live band, and about four or five bars. The night was great, the people were great, I had a great time haha. So yeah I think y'all (hahaha this was added for authenticity) can figure out I had a great time haha.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment