About Me

People tell me that I am a little different, weird maybe, but whatever. Either way I love my life. I have an excellent family, amazing friends and have been given more privileges and opportunities than I deserve.

I believe that everything happens for a reason and there is a solution to every problem, whether you like it or not. I think that no matter where you are, what you do, or what you have, the who you are with matters most of all. I believe life is simple, hard, and amazing. Laughter is my primary form of exercise. I love anything competitive. I wake up and go to bed to SportsCenter. The thing I value the most is happiness and I couldn't care less about money. My life is great, my friends are better, and God is the best.

Right now I am 22 years old and I am almost done going to school at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where I am getting a Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering. I am taking fall quarter off and then heading back to graduate in the Fall(2011). To be honest I don’t know what happens after that. I will vacation in Europe and then have the rest of my life ahead of me :)

Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 39/40: US History & Toll Roads

Current Location: Dover, DE

Yesterday was a great day and so was today. We, meaning my mother and I for those that have not been keeping track, toured some very famous places in American history.

Yesterday we got up and drove to Gettysburg, PA the place where the history Battle of Gettysburg took place. It was very cool, the visitor’s center was very nice and we decided to take the audio tour in The White Shadow, with the audio tour CD one can buy from the book store. We saw a lot of cool places and monuments on the tour and it was actually quite long and the grounds are very large. It seems when you think of “The Battle of Gettysburg” that it would have all taken place on some little meadow in the middle of no where, BUT!, you would be mistaken. Anyway check out the pictures. We also ventured around the city of Harrisburg to another history town, Hershey, PA, where milk chocolate was invented! Haha. The town is a huge tourist trap so since we did not really feel the need to ride a chocolate rollercoaster or take a picture with the Hershey’s Kiss we decided only to stop and have dinner. Our dinner was very delicious and yes I did have chocolate for dessert! We drove that night to Atlantic City and got a hotel!

This morning we awoke in Atlantic City, aka the east coast’s Vegas, and did what anyone would do, went shopping, there were outlets and stores everywhere and I definitely could have used a lot more time and money there. I only really wanted a couple things and I got them. The reason I have been so dead set on shopping in New Jersey is because they do not have sales tax. It is amazing! The saying, “You get what you pay for”, actually means something here. Afterward we quickly drove back to Philly so that we could take the historic downtown walking tour at Independence Hall. The tour was super interesting and we had a very nice tour guide named Clark. We walked around the city while he gave his little tid bits of knowledge on various morsels of history. I really enjoyed seeing everything that Philly has to offer. After that it was a quick detour to see my mother’s employer’s headquarters and then off to the First State’s capitol, Dover.

That is really it for now except that I have amazing news. For the next four Saturdays in a row I will be getting to go to four different college football games in four different states, pretty sweet yes I know. Okay well….

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment