About Me

People tell me that I am a little different, weird maybe, but whatever. Either way I love my life. I have an excellent family, amazing friends and have been given more privileges and opportunities than I deserve.

I believe that everything happens for a reason and there is a solution to every problem, whether you like it or not. I think that no matter where you are, what you do, or what you have, the who you are with matters most of all. I believe life is simple, hard, and amazing. Laughter is my primary form of exercise. I love anything competitive. I wake up and go to bed to SportsCenter. The thing I value the most is happiness and I couldn't care less about money. My life is great, my friends are better, and God is the best.

Right now I am 22 years old and I am almost done going to school at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where I am getting a Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering. I am taking fall quarter off and then heading back to graduate in the Fall(2011). To be honest I don’t know what happens after that. I will vacation in Europe and then have the rest of my life ahead of me :)

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 5: Victoria, BC

Day 5

Current Location: Port Townsend, WA (Day’s Location: Victoria, BC, Canada

So yesterday I did not have a chance to write because of two reasons first I almost go hypothermia coming back on the ferry from Victoria so late and was extremely tired upon arriving at the hotel. Second, because I was enraptured by a John Wayne movie last night and lost all track of time while watching before going to bed, so basically, I forgot. Now however I am typing this from the passenger seat of The Shadow driving from Port Townsend, WA to Seattle Area (Redmond, WA).

Yesterday morning I got up early and had to be at the ferry by 745. Bought my ticket, grabbed my passport, and then hoped on the surprisingly smooth 55min ferry ride from Port Angeles to Victoria, BC. It was a great day out really nice weather and I felt like we were crossing a lake rather than an ocean. While on the ferry I met some very nice people that gave me tips about places around Victoria as well as recommended things to see etc. Once in Victoria I grabbed breakfast with a new friend and then headed to the bus tours where you can buy passes for this bus line called the “Gray Line” which is a hop on and off bus for the city. I did the 1.5 hour tour and Victoria is very very very pretty. The place is 33% retirees and there are unreal amounts of money clustered in this town, crappy homes away from the water are going for 550,000$! Crazy. Needless to say that I will not be moving to Victoria anytime soon. Anyway the city is really pretty and I walked around for quite a while drinking coffee and tea, eating gelato, and hopping on and off the bus. There are also many vendors there selling some really great stuff. Made some friends that were working for Unicef and then took the ferry back at 545 in the evening. It was a long day. As for the hypothermia story, the ferry back was in all ways the complete and utter opposite of the ride there. The sky was cloudy and the waves were coming at us from the sides, rocking the little ferry so much people were falling over one another. The spray from the front of the boat crashing over the waves was going over the height of the 40 foot boat and everyone, including myself, that was standing on the top deck were soaked from head to toe. There was a small handful of people that did not immediately run to escape the waves and only about ten of us stayed uptown the entire time because there was a small part of the top deck that was covered for the captain and crew. I stood statuesque for the rest of the trip my one side being overheated by the engine exhaust and the other becoming hypothermic from the spray of the ocean and the wind. I also stood in four to five inches of seawater for about and hour. Needless to say that the trip was definitely not a boat ride I would want to take again, and good thing my Father did not come or he would most likely be comatose today.

Other than that the day was good and I’ll put up another blog tonight about today’s activities.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment