About Me

People tell me that I am a little different, weird maybe, but whatever. Either way I love my life. I have an excellent family, amazing friends and have been given more privileges and opportunities than I deserve.

I believe that everything happens for a reason and there is a solution to every problem, whether you like it or not. I think that no matter where you are, what you do, or what you have, the who you are with matters most of all. I believe life is simple, hard, and amazing. Laughter is my primary form of exercise. I love anything competitive. I wake up and go to bed to SportsCenter. The thing I value the most is happiness and I couldn't care less about money. My life is great, my friends are better, and God is the best.

Right now I am 22 years old and I am almost done going to school at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where I am getting a Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering. I am taking fall quarter off and then heading back to graduate in the Fall(2011). To be honest I don’t know what happens after that. I will vacation in Europe and then have the rest of my life ahead of me :)

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 20: Navy Pier/ChiTown/Wrigley/Dave Matthews Band

Current Location: Meat Packing District Chicago

So yesterday, day 20, was spent in a variety of ways. Firstly a little history, I am staying at a place in the meat packing district of Chicago aka where the events of the book "The Jungle" took place. Anyway the area around here was pretty busy with the meatpacking industry and the area was home to a lot of Ukrainian immigrants like those represented in "The Jungle". If you have not read the book I recommend it and if you wanna read something about the Union Stock Yards, check this out. So that is really all on the subject there lol.

Basically yesterday consisted of getting up around 10am hanging around and watching the Illinois football game and then heading out to Navy Pier. At Navy Pier we walked around and did the touristy thing that so many people enjoy. There is a lot of interesting stuff there, shops, tours, art displays, museum type stuff. After lunch at Harry Carry's we spent some time walking and then eventually headed back to a small house party in Wrigleyville. To our great surprise a friend of friend had some tickets to the Dave Matthews Band concert that was happening at Wrigley that night and we picked them up and spent the rest of the night in a Suite at Wrigley field enjoying the show! I met a lot of new people and the suite was fully stocked with drinks and had a great view of the concert. Jason Mraz opened, which I thought was awesome, and then Dave played. I am not really a Dave Matthews enthusiast however the show was good and it was even better to just sit and relax in an amazing environment. Things worked out pretty well and after the concert we headed to a bar called McDunnas to meet some more people. We got in pretty late, but the night was a complete success:)

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment